- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 10 oz. spicy sausage
- spices (1/2 tsp basil, ½ tsp thyme, ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes)
- pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to skillet and cook shrimp until just opaque in center, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet and saute onion until translucent. Add peppers and sausage, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If necessary, add another Tbsp of olive oil if veggies are sticking to the skillet.
- Add zucchini and minced garlic to the skillet and stir. Add tomato paste and chicken stock, and stir everything. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and spices (1/2 tsp basil, ½ tsp thyme, ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes). Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes until the sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes until the flavors are fully incorporated.
Serving size: 304 g Calories: 451 Fat: 31.4 g Saturated fat: 8.7 g Unsaturated fat: 22.7 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 13.7 g Sugar: 5.7 g Sodium: 1396 mg Fiber: 2.8 g Protein: 29 gCholesterol: 160 mg