CHAI TEA LATTE
- 2 individual tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups milk (skim or 2%)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pour water into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add tea bags, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cardamom and nutmeg, and bring to a boil.
- Add brown sugar and stir so it dissolves. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour in 1 cup milk. Be careful, as mixture will froth and bubble up.
- Return to heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour tea through strainer into two mugs.
- Pour 1/2 cup milk into a microwavable, re-sealable jar and shake for 30-60 seconds, or until doubled in size from bubbles.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and spoon steamed milk into tea.
- Top with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Recipe adapted from Instructables