Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash (4 lb.)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I love Rao’s)
- 3 oz part-skim mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 1 large (3 oz) andouille sausage (or your fully cooked sausage of choice), thinly sliced
- Cook the spaghetti squash in the microwave: wipe the skin clean, pierce it in a few places with a sharp knife, place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes on each side, until tender to the touch.
- Allow the cooked spaghetti squash to rest 10 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Cut it open with a sharp knife. Use a large spoon to discard the middle part (fiber and seeds). Rake a fork back and forth to create spaghetti-like strands, placing the strands in a large mixing bowl. You should get about 1 lb. of cooked spaghetti squash.
- Add the marinara sauce to the spaghetti squash strands. Mix well to coat. Mix in 2 oz of the cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a broiler-safe 9-inch square baking dish. Arrange the sausage slices on top and scatter the remaining cheese.
- Heat broiler on high. Place an oven rack 6 inches from broiler (second rack from top, usually). Broil the spaghetti squash bake 2-3 minutes, until cheese is golden-brown. Allow 5 minutes to set before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 370; Fat: 22g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Sugar: 8g; Sodium: 954mg;Fiber: 4g; Protein: 24g