A classic Italian dish which is quick and easy to master.
Pasta, eggs, cheese, and bacon come together in the ultimate Italian favorite: spaghetti carbonara. Ready in less than 45 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings .
- 8 ounces spaghetti (use whole wheat spaghetti for NI)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve ½ cup water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and Parmesan; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes; reserve excess fat.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in pasta and egg mixture, and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add reserved pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Nutritional Info :
- Serving size: 6 Calories: 269 Fat: 7.66 Saturated fat: 3.33 Carbohydrates: 34.37 Sugar: .9 Fiber: 2.1 Protein: 14.55