- 5 slices bacon
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced (any sweet onion may be substituted)
- 2 pounds fresh whole green beans, ends removed
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 pounds small red/new potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towels to cool. Leave bacon fat in pan.
- Add diced onion to the bacon fat. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until onion softens.
- Add green beans, chicken stock, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir together. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt over beans. Arrange halved potatoes over the green beans. Dot tops of potatoes with cubed butter. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over top. Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are done (fork-tender).
- Stir to incorporate. Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle over top. Serve warm.
Source : allrecipes.com