- 1 cup organic sugar
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg, cage free
- 2¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Sugar for coating, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and molasses together.
- Beat in egg until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves and nutmeg together until well combined.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for about an hour. This makes handling the dough much easier.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough into 1 – 1½ in balls.
- Roll each ball in sugar to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute before removing cookies and placing on wire rack to cool.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Source : allrecipes.Com