- 2 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (I use Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped Snickers candy bars
- ice cream, for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare two 5 inch skillets by wiping them with a little bit of butter.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in the egg white and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa and baking soda and continue to mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped Snickers. The dough will be thick.
- Divide the cookie dough between the two skillets and press evenly into skillets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The edges should look done. The center might look a little undercooked, but that’s ok. It’ll cook a little more as it cools.
- Allow the cookie to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then add a scoop of ice cream and serve.