Smothered Pork Chops – Juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich onion gravy. A super easy dinner recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
HOW TO MAKE SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
Most recipes for gravy-smothered-anything call for flour, but to keep this recipe lower in carbs, we are going to eliminate the flour, completely. Butter and heavy cream stay.
- First, for the best golden and juicy results, we’re going to start with searing some bone-in pork chops in butter and oil for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pork chops to a plate and keep covered.
- Next step is to thinly slice the onion and add to the skillet. Cook onions in butter for about 12 minutes over medium-low heat. You are looking for very soft and caramelized onions.
- Then, we stir in chicken broth and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Finally, whisk in some heavy cream and add the pork chops back into the skillet. Continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until pork chops’ internal temperature reaches 135˚F. Use a meat thermometer, please.
- Remove from heat and serve.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS.