How to make it
- In a 4 to 6 quart crock pot, combine chicken, carrots, onion, chicken broth, butter, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence and bay leaf; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, stir gravy mix into crock pot, remove the chicken breast and using two forks shred the meat and return to the crock pot. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- In a measuring cup, blend buttermilk or milk and flour until smooth. Stir flour mixture and peas into chicken as well as the reserved 1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence; mix well.
- Cover, increase heat to high; cover and cook an additional 25-20 minutes or until peas are cooked. If the gravy is too thick add a little more milk or chicken broth.
- Serve with rice or biscuits, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes or noodles.
For 4 Servings: Per Serving: 243 Calories; 7g Fat (25.1% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber Old WWP 5 / New WWPP 6
Recipe adapted from the Cooking Light Bulletin Board, posted by Kate 2004 and modified by Tami.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!