Author: Sarah Olson
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 (16-oz.) cans refried beans
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. Colby Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 (7-oz) can fire-roasted green chiles, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temprature
- 1 cup sour cream (plus more for serving)
- 1 (1-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
- Chips for serving
- Optional: Serve with extra sour cream, olives and salsa
Slow Cooker Size:
- 4-quart or larger
- Brown meat on the stove-top in a medium sized skillet, or in the slow cooker if your slow cooker has a browning option. Drain the grease. Add meat to slow cooker if using a skillet.
- Add the refried beans, ⅔ of the cheese, chiles, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. Stir everything together and flatten out with a spatula. Wipe down edges of slow cooker for a neat appearance.
- Sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve with chips and additional sour cream, olives and salsa if desired.