Simple, easy and flavory! This sticky garlic chicken is just from another world!
The soy sauce adds a very good flavor to the slow cooked chicken. You will make anyone who gets a bite of it ask for more! Give it a try, you won’t regret it.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, skin removed if purchased with skin on, bone-in or boneless fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup light (lower sodium) soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- First, rub the chicken with salt and half of the pepper.
- In a skillet sprayed with olive oil, brown both sides of the chicken over medium to high heat.
- Once browned, transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic and the remaining pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Separte the chicken from the liquid.
- Place the liquid in a small saucepan and cook it with the cornstrach over low heat until it thickens.
- Just before serving, pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the rest of the sesame seeds.
- This chicken dish goes perfectly over a bed of steamed brown rice or quinoa.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh with sauce
- Calories: 255
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 66 mg
- Sodium: 2151 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 18 g
- Protein: 16 g
- SmartPoints value : 9