- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Star Platinum Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast and salt. Pour in the hot water and combine well using a rubber spatula. You can use cold water, but it will take longer to rise. Using filtered water also helps with the rising process. The dough will be sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for 3 hours, or until the dough has risen. It will have bubbles and still look a little soft and wet.
- Place dough on a well-floured surface. You will need to use a spatula to separate it from the bowl, as the dough will still be very sticky. Sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the dough just enough to keep it from sticking to your fingers. Give the dough a few folds, forming it into a ball.
- Place the formed dough ball onto a piece of parchment paper. Do NOT use wax paper for this. Lift the parchment paper and dough and place into a 4-quart slow cooker. A taller slow cooker will result in a taller bread because slow cooked breads do not rise in the same way as they would in an oven.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reads 190° – 200° F. Check the temperature after 90 minutes if this is the first time you are making bread in your slow cooker. You will soon learn how long it takes your slow cooker to bake the perfect loaf.
- Slow cooker bread makes a soft outer layer. For a browned crust, simply toss it into the broiler for a few minutes. Remove when the crust is lightly browned to your liking.
- Let bread cool before slicing
Source : allrecipes.com