This delicious asian-style ginger beef cooks in your slow cooker to perfection.
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck blade steak
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, lite, low sodium (optional Tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut steak into bite size pieces. Add to the slow cooker, steak and the remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, water, and mandarin oranges. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before the end of cooking time combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup liquid from madarin oranges, stir until smooth and add to the slow cooker along with the oranges. Discard the remaining liquid from the oranges, unless you prefer a thinner sauce, in that case add the remaining liquid. Stir and continue cooking 15 minutes.
- Mandarin Beef is delicious served over brown rice or quinoa.
Nutritional Info :
- 6 servings | Calories: 236 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 69 mg | Sodium: 220 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 16 g | SmartPoints: 8