- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup apple vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Beat egg whites together in a shallow bowl and place cubed chicken in bowl to soak.
- Place cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a gallon-size, plastic, re-sealable bag, then add chicken cubes to the bag. Seal bag and shake vigorously until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on all sides. 1-2 minutes.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with nonstick spray, then whisk together sauce ingredients (sugar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, apple vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes) together until combined.
- Place 1/2 browned chicken in slow cooker and top with 1/2 of sauce. Top with remaining chicken and remaining sauce, then toss together.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours, or on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Serve chicken with broccoli and white rice, topped with green onions. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com