- 10 servings
- Smartpoints : 10
- 2 pounds lean chuck or other beef stew meat, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice (BPA-free cans)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Whisk flour, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Dredge the beef cubes in the flour mixture.
- Place half the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place half of beef cubes into the skillet and cook on all sides, for about 30 seconds per side, or until golden. Do not cook the meat through, just brown the outside. Remove and set aside. Add the rest of the oil and the remaining beef cubes and repeat.
- Add meat pieces to the slow cooker. Add onions, potatoes, worcestershire sauce, and can of diced tomatoes with juice.
- Stir balsamic vinegar along with broth, garlic, oregano, and paprika, and add in. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours. Stir well.
Nutritional Info :
- 10 servings
- Calories: 317
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 21g
- SmartPoints value : 10