- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 3 hours on high or low for 6 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 2 fajitas
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green Chilies
- 16 low-carb, high-fiber whole wheat tortillas, original size
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cumin, chili powder, red chili flakes, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Place half of the sliced onions and peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker, and the chicken on top of that.
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix over the chicken, flip the chicken with tongs and sprinkle the remaining seasoning on the chicken.
- Add the rest of the onions and peppers, squeeze in the juice of 1 lime, and pour in the Rotel.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- Take the chicken out and slice or shred it, then add it back to the slow cooker for 10-15 minutes on low.
- Per Serving: (2 fajitas)
- Calories: 249
- Calories from fat: 56
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 897mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 16g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 34g
- WWP+: 7
- SmartPoints: 4
The nutrition content of recipes on 1KRecipe.com has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of Smart Nutrition.