- Makes 8 Servings (3/4 cup of soup and 3 tablespoons of chips per serving)
- 5 Pointsplus – 5 Smartpoints
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium celery rib, chopped
1 lb uncooked lean ground beef
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 cups canned chicken broth, divided
1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
8 ounces kraft Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
24 baked corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1.Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds.
- 2.Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3.Coat a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.
- 4.Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to slow cooker.
- 5.In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump-free.
- 6.Pour flour mixture into same skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth.
- 7.Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, and then pour into slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 8.Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for only 2 hours or cheese could separate.
- 9.Serve soup topped with crumbled chips.
- Nutritional Info :
205 calories, 9.5 g fat, 45.5 mg cholesterol, 1150 mg sodium,
7 g carbs, 0.5 g fiber, 21 g protein