- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sugar BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced (about 3)
- In a large resealable bag, combine the chicken, cornstarch, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Shake to evenly coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Shake off the the excess cornstarch mixture from the chicken and cook the chicken for about 2 minutes, browning all sides. (Do this in 2 batches if the skillet is not big enough to hold all of the chicken at once, using 1 tablespoon of oil for each batch).
- To make the sauce: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients except the cashews and green onions.
- Transfer the browned chicken to the slow cooker and pour the sauce over it. Add the cashews, and stir everything together to evenly coat in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the green onions.
Source : Allrecipes.com