- 1 package Hurst’s Beans Cajun 15 BEAN SOUP
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound Andouille sausage
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- Rinse the beans and sort through to remove any debris. Set aside the seasoning packet.
- Place rinsed beans in a slow cooker with the bell pepper, onion, chicken broth, and water.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Slice the sausage into thin coins and cook in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and tomatoes to the slow cooker, along with the packet of Cajun seasoning. Stir well.
- Cook for 1 more hour or until ready to serve.
- Serve with rice or corn bread, as desired.
Source : allrecipes,com