- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2½ tablespoons butter
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoons salt (less if preferred)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top with diced onion, garlic, and tomato.
- Sprinkle with Garam Masala, cumin, ginger, chili powder, and salt.
- Pour in tomato sauce, unsweetened coconut milk, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Stir everything until well combined.
- Add bay leaf.
- Cook on high heat for 3 hours.
- Stir well, reduce to low heat and cook additional 1 hour.
- Serve with rice.
Source : youbrewmytea.com