- 4 half pint jars/32 servings | Serving size: 2 tablespoons |
- 12 medium apples (4 each of Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp) peeled, cored, cut into 1″ cubes
- Note: We like to mix the apples with tart Granny Smith & sweet apples like Gala & Honeycrisp. Other sweet
- apples Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Red Delicious, Fuji, Ambrosia, and Spartan.
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup unrefined sweetener, more or less to taste (recommended: sucanat or coconut palm sugar or honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add apples to the slow-cooker, pour dry ingredients over and toss to coat. If using, pour in honey and stir.
- Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours until tender and brown. If you prefer chunky apple butter, leave as is. For a creamier, less chunky butter, whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, add to 1/2 pint or pint jelly jars, leave about 1″ head space at the top to allow for expanding. Cover with lid and freeze or refrigerate.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 35 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 0 g | SmartPoints: 2