- PREP TIME 20 mins
- COOK TIME 3 hours 15 mins
- TOTAL TIME 3 hours 35 mins
- Ingredients :
- 1 slab (3 to 4 pounds) pork baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup good barbecue sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- Prepare the ribs by removing the thin membrane (silver skin) covering the bone- this prevents the ribs from curling as they cook.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients. Rub all sides of the ribs with rub mixture.
- Place the ribs in a large plastic zip bag and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce and apple butter; set aside.
- Cut the ribs into 2-rib portions to fit inside the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 3 to 5 hours (or until ribs are 170 degrees).
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and drain off any liquid. Wipe the slow cooker dry. Place the ribs back into the slow cooker. Pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce over the ribs. Cover and cook on high about 30 minutes or until glazed. Serve with remaining sauce (warmed), as desired.