Happy November! Are you looking for a super yummy, quick dinner to make? If you haven’t tried my skinny meatloaf yet, I think you’re going to love it! It’s low in calories, very moist and has a divinely rich sweet ketchup glaze. It’s a whole lot skinnier than most meatloaf recipes because I’m using an extra lean ground beef, homemade whole wheat bread crumbs and egg whites. By the way, making your own crumbs is really simple to do. The skinny for 1 serving, 214 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 WW SP. If calculated using WW whole wheat bread for the crumbs, 4 SP. Any leftovers makes great sandwiches!
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
- 1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
- 1½ slices whole wheat bread, remove crusts (I used Milton’s Multigrain bread)
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, add the ground beef.
- 3. To make bread crumbs: remove crust, break up bread and add to a blender or food processor. Process until the bread turns into crumbs.
- 4. To the beef, add the bread crumbs, onions, egg whites, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients.
- 5. Place the meat mixture on the baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x4.”
- 6. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Spread all over the top of the meatloaf.
- 7. Bake for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Happily most supermarkets sell lean ground beef. I used the 96% lean ground beef from Trader Joe’s. Serving Tip:
While the meatloaf is in the oven make a yummy potato side dish. Try Dairy Free Skinny Mashed Potatoes,Fingerling Roasted Potatoes or Skinny Fries. WW SP 4 if bread crumbs made with Weight Watchers whole wheat bread.
WW SP 6
WW P+ 5