- Prep time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes marinade time
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1 chicken roll
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup light Italian dressing
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup Italian panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375° F, and lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, and using a meat mallet, pound them out to about ¼-inch thick.
- Place the pounded chicken breasts in a gallon-size resealable bag with the Italian dressing, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the Bruschetta topping: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, dried oregano and cheese, then set aside.
- When the chicken has marinated, allow the excess Italian dressing to drip off each chicken breast back into the bag, and then lay the chicken out flat on a large cutting board. Evenly season each side with the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spoon the Bruschetta mixture on the short end of the chicken, then tightly roll each breast and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow baking dish, or on a large plate, spread the panko breadcrumbs out and roll each Bruschetta chicken in them to coat.
- Transfer the coated chicken rolls to the prepared baking dish and top each one with the remaining Bruschetta mixture, then bake for 25-30 minutes, until done.
Per Serving: (1 chicken roll)
Calories from fat: 43
Saturated Fat: 2g
The nutrition content of recipes on Smart Nutrition.has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of