|4 skinless boneless chicken breast, halves|
|1⁄2 cup flour|
|1⁄2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs|
|1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese|
|1⁄2 cup milk|
|1 tbsp butter|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|4 oz mozzarella cheese, sliced (if you can get it, the soft fresh kind is best, it melts sooooo creamy)|
|1 parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top|
- Pound the chicken breasts between two slices of plastic wrap until about 1/4″ thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip in egg/milk mixture, then in breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large deep skillet.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium heat until golden on each side (about 2-3 min per side).
- Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet.
- Heat to boiling and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts to the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan over them.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- Cover and simmer about 8- 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is tender.
- Serve with your favorite pasta- we like linguine.
Source : allrecipes.com