- 1/2 lbs shrimp
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Swiss chard
- 1/2 cup Red Russian kale
- 1/4 cup collards
- 4-6 garden mixed tomatoes
- Prepare the wild rice using an Instant Pot. The Instant Pot online recipe book suggests cooking wild rice using a 1:3 wild rice to water ration and cooking the rice for 25 to 30 minutes. But instead of using water to make the wild rice, you may want to reconsider and use chicken stock. If you do this you are going to be amazed at how good it is.
- Prepare the shrimp. In a medium-size skillet add a single tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of unsalted butter. When the oil and butter are hot add the shrimp, add the minced garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Adding sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste.
- Spoon the shrimp into a small dish and set them aside. Wipe the skillet clean and add a single tablespoon of EVOO and a single pat of unsalted butter. When the butter and oil is hot slice a medium yellow onion into the skillet. The onions should be laying flat in the bottom of the skillet. Add sea salt and freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste. When one side of the onions begins to brown flip them over and turn the stove top to low and place a lid over the skillet. Continue to cook until the onions are caramelized, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard, kale, and collard greens to the skillet over med-heat and pan-fry them. The greens should be bight green and tender. Add this mixture to the wild rice and toss gently to evenly distribute the greens into the rice.
- For a bit of fresh, I chose to leave the tomatoes and mini-red bell pepper uncooked. Slice the tomatoes in half and thinly slice the mini-red bell pepper.
- To assemble (depending on the size of the martini glass), spoon 1/2 or 3/4 cup of wild rice and greens mixture into large martini glass. Add the caramelized onions, then top with the shrimp. Last, add the sliced tomatoes and mini-red bell peppers.
Source : allrecipes.Com