- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ red or Spanish onion
- 2½ tablespoons chopped cranberry
- ⅓ cup fresh diced pineapple
- 3½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black peppercorns to taste
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat dry salmon fillets, brush with olive oil.
- Season with sea salt, freshly cracked black peppercorns, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Place a cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet over med-high heat, add olive oil and butter, when the oil and butter mixture is hot place salmon fillets skin-side down into the skillet and sear for three (3) minutes per side. Add more olive oil and butter when you flip the fillets over.
- After searing place salmon into a preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the salmon to cool.
- Break apart the salmon fillets and remove and discard (or eat) the skin.
- Add the cilantro, red pepper, Spanish onion, cranberry, and pineapple.
- Drizzle the mixture with one (1) tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon in two to three (2-3) tablespoons of mayonnaise, or more of less depending on your preference.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Serve with crusts of toast, veggies or your favorite crackers.
Source : allrecipes.Com