- 1 package roll of Jones Dairy Farm All-Nartural Pork Sausage
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 loaf of Italian french bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, separated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: chives, 4 slices bacon, fried or baked, broken into large pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook and break up the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and bell peppers for the last 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces generously with melted butter (4 tablespoons). Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Add eggs.
- Scramble for 30 seconds and then add in the milk. Finish scrambling.
- Take the bread out of the oven and top with cheddar cheese slices, the sausage and veggie mixture, the eggs, and the mozzarella cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven and broil for 1-3 minutes (watching carefully) or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with chives and cooked, crumbled bacon if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Source : allrecipes.com