1 red pepper, sliced
1 onion, cut into thin slices
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ teaspoon pepper
6 sandwich-sized bread rolls, such as Kaiser or hoagie
1 cup marinara sauce, mixed with 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 cup mozzarella cheese
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Toss bratwurst, pepper, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper in lined or greased baking sheet.
3. Take a sharp object like a toothpick or skewer and poke 3 holes in each sausage. Bake mixture for 45 minutes on 400.
4. Slice tops off of bread rolls, leaving around ½ inch around top. With fingers, hollow out inside of rolls and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Fill rolls with sausage, peppers and onions, then top with marinara sauce mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top.
5. Bake on 400 for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.
6. Slice in half diagonally and serve. Wrap leftovers in foil and reheat in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com