These Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Rolls are perfect for a fast, on-the-go breakfast. Make ahead of time, freeze, then reheat when ready!
SAUSAGE, EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST ROLLS
We finally started back to school here in our part of Virginia. We are after Labor Day starters here. Not gonna lie – it’s been a challenge to get back into the swing of things. We’re all a little slow in the mornings right now and breakfast is usually an afterthought. I made a bunch of FREEZER-FRIENDLY BREAKFAST BURRITOS for a quick breakfast but I wanted something new to add into our morning breakfast-on-the-go routine. And boy, have I found it in these little bites of goodness!
CAN I FREEZE THE BREAKFAST ROLLS?
Absolutely! They can all be made and baked ahead of time. Flash freeze them first on a baking tray. Then package properly (for freezer protection.) When ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave. These are wonderful for breakfast on the go. Hand it to your kiddo as they head out to the bus or in the car on the way to school.
SAUSAGE, EGG & CHEESE BREAKFAST ROLL RECIPE
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 4 slices (sandwich-size) Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, beat eggs. Reserve 2 tablespoons beaten egg for brushing on tops of crescent rolls. Scramble remaining eggs.
- Unroll dough onto work surface; separate into 8 triangles. Cut cheese slices in half; place 1 half on each triangle. Top each with spoonful of scrambled eggs and 1 sausage link. Loosely roll up triangles as directed on can; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush reserved beaten egg on top of each crescent. Sprinkle salt and pepper over each.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.