Everything you love about Samoas cookies wrapped up in a delicious cookie bar! These Samoas Bars are rich and delicious. Toasted coconut, caramel, short bread, and chocolate!
Tips for Making Samoa Bar Cookies
There’s nothing too difficult about making these Samoa bars, but some of the steps are optional for an easier recipe.
- I like making the crust in a food processor, then pressing the crumbs into the bottom of the baking pan. If you don’t own one, use softened butter and a hand held mixer. The results will be more of a dough that easily presses into a crust.
- I like using the softer Werther’s Original Caramels. If you can’t find them, use Kraft caramels instead, but you may want to add another tablespoon of water when you melt them as they are much firmer.
- Toasting the coconut is also optional. Sweetened angel flake coconut is quite moist and the toasting dries it out along with bringing out some of the natural oils and flavor. Beware that it can easily get too dark, so watch carefully when toasting.
- The dipping of the bars in chocolate pays homage to the Samoa cookies which has both chocolate lines across the top and a chocolate covered cookie base.
- I dipped about 4, but then decided the drizzle would be enough for me. If you want an authentic Samoa copycat, you’ll want to dip!
- Make sure to place them on a parchment lined baking sheet after dipping and let them cool completely before moving so the chocolate doesn’t stick to the paper.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.