- Coarse kosher salt
- Ice cubes
- 2 parts vodka (or gin)
- 3 parts freshly squeeze ruby red grapefruit juice
- Slices of grapefruit, cut into quarters for garnish
- Pour kosher salt onto a small, flat plate. Wet the rims of a highball glass (we use edge of the slices of grapefruit that we cut for garnishing), then gently dip the rim of the glass in the plate of salt – spinning slightly to coat the rim with salt.
- Carefully fill the glass with ice cubes – being careful not to knock the salt off the rim of the glass.
- Pour 2 parts vodka and 3 parts grapefruit juice over the ice. Stir gently to combine and serve.