- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
- 20 kraft caramels, or 20 rolo chewy caramels ** see note
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- In another medium bowl or stand mixer add the butter, and sugars and beats until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough into a ball. Add one caramel into the center and fold the dough over the caramel and form a ball. Place onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source : allrecipes.com