This incredible sweet-and-salty cookie from our kitchens combines butterscotch pudding, chocolate chips and pretzels for a brilliant new treat you won’t soon forget. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
1cup butter, softened
3/4cup granulated sugar
3/4cup packed brown sugar
1box (4-serving size) butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling mix
2cups mini pretzel twists, coarsely crushed
1cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup milk chocolate toffee bits
1teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until fluffy; scrape side of bowl. Beat in dry pudding mix. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until smooth. Stir in vanilla. On low speed, beat flour mixture into sugar mixture until well blended. Stir in crushed pretzels, chocolate chips and toffee bits until blended.
- 3Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie lightly with coarse salt.
- 4Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature.
- For success in this recipe, pudding mix is not prepared but added dry to the butter-sugar mixture.
- For even baking, make sure cookies are the same shape and size.