Seriously the BEST Salisbury Steak Recipe of all time, a true winner in my house. This easy one-pot Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy is quick, simple and loaded with meaty goodness. A great dinner for every night of the week.
HOW DO YOU MAKE SALISBURY STEAK FROM SCRATCH?
This easy Salisbury steak recipe is made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Blend together the beef, bread crumbs, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, onion powder, pepper and salt until well combined.
- Divide the beef mixture into four equal size portions and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet. Add the patties to the pan and cook until browned. Turn the patties over and cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until browned. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Stir in the thyme, garlic powder and flour. Add the beef stock scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits.
- Stir in the worcestershire sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. When the gravy begins to thicken, turn the heat down and stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the beef patties to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives, if desired. Serve immediately
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.