- 1 cup yellow corn meal (I swear by Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped (stems removed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup part-skim cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until fully mixed. Add in rosemary and stir.
- In another bowl, add eggs, milk, applesauce, sugar and oil. Using a hand electric mixer, beat on low until mixture is fully combined and sugar has dissolved. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating between each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in cheddar cheese. Pour batter into the greased muffin cavities about 2/3 the way full.
- Bake muffins for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Source : allrecipes.com