- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced (I used Aidell’s Chicken & Turkey)
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) Italian style stewed tomatoes, with juices
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- In your slow cooker, combine the potato, sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, sausages, tomatoes (with their juices), broth, sugar, thyme and pepper.
- Stir well to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the vegetables are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Stir in the parsley during the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Source : allrecipes.com