2 Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/8-inch thick with peel
1 turnip, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 rutabaga, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 small celery root, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 parsnip, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
salt, to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the vegetables, and cook uncovered for 3 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process. Once the vegetables are cold, drain well, and set aside.
- Cook garlic and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until garlic starts sizzling, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, thyme, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper; cook until mixture begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil and spread vegetables evenly over the oil.
- Pour broth and cream mixture over vegetables and top with half of the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Cover baking dish loosely with aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from the oven and top with remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano. Bake uncovered until vegetables are browned, bubbling, and tender, about an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com