- 3 large sweet potatoes organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil + more as needed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- a good pinch of sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cilantro or parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 500”F.
Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into 1 inch rounds.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the olive oil, sea salt, paprika, red pepper flakes and ground black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Toss the sweet potato rounds to coat with the olive oil all over.
- Arrange them on a very lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn them on the other side and roast an additional 10 minutes or until nicely golden brown around the edges.
- Serve hot with freshly cracked black pepper on top and garnished with the herbs, next to roasted chicken or steak.
Mix together 2 tbsp brown sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon + 1/2 tsp nutmeg + 3 tbsp olive oil. Toss the potato rounds to coat well and bake in a 500″F for about 15-20 minutes. Flip once half way. Serve drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with orange zest.
Source : allrecipes.com