Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb. small potatoes, unpeeled, washed and dried, halved
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika is also good, and so is cumin)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes, onion slices, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and (if using) cumin. Use your clean hands to mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 13 X 9-inch baking dish, or an equivalent casserole dish.
- Roast until potatoes are tender and onions are caramelized, about 40 minutes, gently stirring midway through roasting.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 211; Fat: 13g; Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Sugar: 1g;Sodium: 299mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 2g