Potatoes are a used in so many ways for cooking. It is one of the most versatile ingredients available in the market. Baked jacket potatoes, mashed potatoes, french fries, hash browns, potato chips, tater tots…. The list would go on. It is served as a main course, used in soups, starters and snacks. The starchy texture of this tuberous plant is what makes them so unique as it can be accompanied by all sorts of flavours and textures. Raw potatoes are mostly water and carbohydrates and less amount of proteins.
However, cooked potatoes with skin are a good source of many vitamins and minerals, like potassium and vitamin C. You must be knowing how important carbohydrates are for our body, it is the most common source of energy. They enter the bloodstream easily as glucose to be absorbed by the organs. Now that you know about the nutrition facts of potatoes, let me share this yummy recipe of the over roasted potatoes with a greek style marinade. The potatoes absorb all the flavours from the marinade and is slow roasted in the oven for that perfect flavour and texture. Amazing ! head over next page to get full recipe…
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
Greek-Style Oven-Roasted Lemon-Butter Parmesan Potatoes Recipe
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted ( no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon oregano ( or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic ( optional or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese ( or to taste)
- chopped fresh parsley
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
- Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover and turn potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
- *NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.