Sadly most people have pains in the back or neck. Stiffness of this kind makes more heavy muscles and cramps too. This can be due to injury, damaged vertebrae, strain muscle, stenosis of spine and hernia disc too. also due to age, bad posture, heavy loads carrying, folded back, workouts, insomnia and reading in bed too.
The main cause for back pain is 85% undetected and sometimes even magnetic resonance cannot help. This pain can last for a month and disappear by itself, but if this is chronic it will last longer and will need curing.
These tips can help you with the back:
- Workouts for back pain and avoid sitting. Stand up and move around.
- Change the mattress every 5 years
- Never sleep on the belly and try other sides
- Walk and run and try hiking too
- Do not lift heavy loads to avoid injury and damage to spine and joints
- If you have small kids, take them with the arms, crouch slowly and lift with the thighs not back
- When you do something like carrying babies or bags or brushing teeth, bend over with knees
Also, shoulders need attention too and can be damaged. This can be due to:
- Stiff shoulders
- Fractured bone on hand
- Unstable joints
Then again, the neck pain can be acute and last 4 months or longer. This can be due to:
- Damaged neck parts like tendons, ligaments and muscles
- Sedentary style
- No activity
- Bad posture for sitting and walking
- Bad sleep poses
These tips can help you reduce this pain:
- Less stress, try relaxing with yoga, meditation or something similar
- Massages for muscles
- Hot and cold compresses every few hours
- Regular workouts and moving around
- Change sleep poses or pillows. Feather pillows are softer and memory foam ones are good too.
Avoid hard and high pillows to avoid stiff necks. If you sleep on the side, do not curve spine. Also get a travel pillow when travelling and joint support too.
See the video below for instant help:
Article and image sources: www.healthyfoodhouse.com | healthylifestar.com