Serves: Makes 4 dozen or 24 (2 cookie) servings.
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
20 minsPrep time12 minsCook time
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, food color and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners’ sugar mixture to completely coat. Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.