- 2 red velvet cake mixes (I used 2 (16.5 oz) Duncan Hines red velvet cake mixes)
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces white candy melts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 5 (8″ x 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″) loaf pans with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on low for 20 seconds, then turn up speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into loaf pans. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely melted. Stir until smooth. Pour into a clear plastic pastry bag. Cut the tip off and drizzle melted candy over the cooled bread. Let the candy melts set (about 20-30 minutes).
- For a gift, wrap in clear plastic wrap. Tie a bow around it and add gift tag. Store at room temperature for 24 hours or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Source: Red Velvet Banana Bread