RED LENTIL AND CORN BAKE
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large, ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions until translucent and tender. 5-7 minutes.
- During the last minute of cooking, add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Then add corn and spinach and cook until just wilted. About 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add lentils and vegetable stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Transfer mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Net Mums