- Makes 11 servings .
- For the base:
- – 1 and a 1/2 cups of almonds
- – 2 and a 1/2 cups of medjool datesFor the middle:
- – 2 cups of soaked cashew nuts
- – 2 frozen over-ripe bananas
- – 1/3 – 1/2 of a cup of maple syrup depending on how sweet you like it
- – 1/3 of a cup of freshly juiced apple juice
- – 1 teaspoon of cinnamonFor the top:
- – 1 cup of freshly frozen blueberries (packaged frozen berries have too higher water content and make the mixtoo runny so freeze your own for a couple of hours before making this)
- – 1 cup of strawberries
- – 1 frozen banana
- – 4 medjool dates
- – 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- – 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Before making this you need to slice the three bananas and freeze them for at least three hours along with the blueberries. You also need to soak the cashew nuts for at least four hours.
- Start by making the base. Put the almonds into a food processor and blend for a minute or so until the nuts are nicely crushed. Once this has happened add the pitted medjool dates and blend again until a sticky mix forms. Press this into the base of a cake tin and place in the freezer.
- Then make the middle layer by simply putting all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Take the base layer out of the freezer and pour three quarters of this mix over it before putting the cake back into the freezer – keep the final quarter of the mix in the processor as it’s needed for the top layer.
- Wait about twenty minutes for the middle layer to set in the freezer before making the third layer. To make this simply add the remaining ingredients to the blender combined with the mix from the middle, blend until smooth and then pour over the middle layer.
- Place the cake back into the freezer to set for two hours before serving. You’ll need to remove the cake from the freezer and allow it to warm up for a few minutes before you serve it. Then enjoy!
Nutritional Info :
- Smart points 11