- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/8th inch thick
- 3 ounces light Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1 small – 6 oz. zucchini sliced into 1/8th inch thick
- 1 smalll – 6 oz. yellow squash, sliced into 1/8th inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper 攊㸄akes (optional)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, cut into dices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into dices
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped into 斋칀ne chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Set oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. Add olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes the onions and garlic. Add black
pepper, tomato sauce, bay leaf, thyme, basil, red and yellow bell pepper, red pepper 攊㸄akes if using
and 1 teaspoon salt; sauté for additional 5-8 minutes on medium-low heat.
3. In a large nonstick grill pan, grill 2 to 3 minutes each side of the zucchini and eggplant.
4. Pour 1 cup of the sauce to a casserole dish. Add the rest of the sauce over the top and garnish
with the cheese. Wrap with foil before baking for 40 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 185 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 689mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 5g Protein: 11g Points +: 5 | Smart Points: 3