An easy poke cake recipe made with raspberry jello and coconut that tastes just like the Hostess Raspberry Zinger snack cakes.
Yeah, OK, I know I promised to lay off of the coconut recipes because you coconut haters are over it but I just couldn’t resist this one! There are several versions of this floating around and every time I see one I have the same reaction: salivating, lip smacking and head nodding while thinking something along the lines of.. gurl, I got to get me some of that… umm-mmmm… yes. I. do.
If you have no idea what a Raspberry Zinger is, it’s a snack cake made by Hostess. It’s a little baby cream-filled white cake coated with raspberry goodness rolled in coconut. And this cake is like its granddaddy.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 10 ounces diet Sprite
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin sugar free
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1. Take dry cake mix and add the 2 egg whites and soda. Mix well with electric mixer. Pour into ungreased 9×13 dish and bake as directed on the box. Let cool for 15 minutes
- .2. Then take the boiling water and add the jello. Stir till jello is disolved.
- 3. Poke holes into your cake with end of wooden spoon. Then pour jello mixture over the cake. Cover and referigerate 2 hrs or overnight. Then spread on the cool whip and top with coconut.
- Nutritional Info :
Are We Friends on Pinterest?FOLLOW ME for more Great Recipes! @1krecipes
- Per Serving: 210 calories; 7 g fat; 0.0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbs;
2.5 g protein; 0.3 g fiber; 253 mg sodium
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON OR OPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR THE FULL VIDEO RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS.