You can refrigerate cooked quinoa for up to three days.
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups (500 mL) green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bottled strained tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) liquid honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups water to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch green beans until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain and refresh in bowl of ice water. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in cooled quinoa, chickpeas, red pepper and feta cheese.
Tomato Vinaigrette: Whisk together tomatoes, vinegar, oil, honey, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; pour over quinoa mixture and stir to coat.