- 6 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350, and coat a large 11” x 13” baking dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add in chicken, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley and salt and pepper, and cook until meat is no longer pink. Use a wooden spoon to break apart the meat while cooking.
- Stir in tomato sauce, and mix to combine, Remove from heat.
- Combine the chicken mixture and the prepared quinoa in a large bowl. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each pepper half. Then top each one with mozzarella cheese (about 1 tbsp each).
- Place in oven, and cook for about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted and golden. Top with fresh basil before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com